1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programming not appearing on all Playlists - Fix?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n3ntj, Oct 19, 2018.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    For about 4 months now, I've noticed a much shorter playlist on my HR54 than my C61k. In other words, I can only watch some of my pre-recorded programming from HR54 while I can watch anything I recorded on my C61k.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Is there a fix? Does D* know about this bug?

I assume this bug and the 4k resolution bug are unrelated, but who knows. D* appears to be in no hurry to fix any of these bugs.

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Directv knows all about this, and there are hundreds of reports here and at the ATT DirecTV forum. An employee reported last week that there was fix for this but it hadn't been released yet. The fix is apparently included in the current software in test. Release date not known - there are lots of posts where people heve been told it will be end of December. I think that is just speculation, don't see why it should take so long.

n3ntj likes this.
  3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Thank you.. I also don't know why it should take so long as the problem started a few months ago. Apparently finding the bug or coming up with a fix has been pretty difficult. Let's hope the patch is released ASAP!

Does D* actually view DBStalk and see bugs/issues that we report?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  4. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I had the same problem a few times, have a HR-44, this procedure has worked for me in making missing recordings visible again, on the remote control press list, takes you to recordings, on the remote press 0 and than press 0 again.
    Another thing that has worked is red button reset. The recordings are not permanently deleted.

5. plainsman

plainsman AllStar

Nov 16, 2006
  6. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I checked that out but nothing on there helps either.

7. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    for the millionth time: only a software fix will solve this,

8. kpk001

kpk001 New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Have a HR54-200 main and C51-500 slave. Got them (new?) when I signed up 2 yrs ago The visible software updates occured maybe 2 months ago. My DVR is loaded with programs (could count if necessary but I typically deleted regularly to make more room. All 100 series record slots are full). Sometime after the upgrade I started getting similar symptoms. Programs recorded within the last day or two were there and then recordings from months ago would be next on the date sorted list. Switching to the alpha view brought back unseen recordings (maybe all) for a period. Noticed (lately, maybe just didn't see) that the alpha list dies out at around the G's.

The problem can appear on the main and not the slave or vica versa. A reset has ALWAYS corrected the problem, if on the slave didn't even lose recordings. The fix was lasting for week(s) before another occurrence. When I reset, my freespace went from 1-2% up to 20%. This happened several times. The occurrences have become more frequent, got about 24 hrs out of the last one. That's why I did a search today and found this thread.

About a week ago found I could go to HISTORY and found all recordings and was able to look at INFO and play from that menu. For those shows which I was weeks behind was able to go to SEASON and could see and grab all showings still in queue. A PITA but only needed to use if there was an active recording I didn't want to lose.

Good to know that I am not alone with the problem but quite disappointed it has not been addressed yet. Like the idea of going back a rev but from what I see of the changes my impression is that would not be possible. My 2 yrs was up in Sept. Now leaning heavily towards going back to cable for the winter (tree has grown which makes rain much more disruptive and won't have to deal with the snow). Hope a solution is found.

9. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    That's true for preventing this from happening in the first place. But, the "solutions" that people have posted have been known to work (some, not necessarily all of the time) in order to make the missing programming visible again (at least until the problem reoccurs). The one "solution" that appears to always work is to restart the Genie. The primary problem with that is that, if you're recording something, you either need to wait until the Genie is finished recording you you have to interrupt that recording with a restart.

10. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    I have had this with my HR44. A problem that also started on that machine for me at the same time is that periodically, about once a week, the closed captioning will start showing every other or every third line. The only way to resolve this is a reset. I don't know if the problems are related, but they started at the same time and seem to occur with about the same frequency as the list issue.

SMK

11. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    This happened to me today with my HR44. I am glad I have read already about the issue on this thread. I did a reset and my recordings came back.

Thanks!!

12. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    A reset works for a short time, but the issue seems to return after a few days.

13. blucas95

blucas95 Legend

Sep 26, 2006
    The restart used to work for at least a couple of days for us. We've had to restart the receiver three times just this evening as the shows keep disappearing. The issue appears to be getting worse. The update can't get here soon enough.

14. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Like all issues with DirecTV, different people have different results. Restarts to restore "missing" programs have always resolved the problem for at least a few weeks.

However, now that I've written this, I'm guessing that I will soon be a different (leakier) boat.

15. DougF

DougF New Member

Mar 30, 2018
    [​IMG]Got this in my email about missing programs in list....
    AT&T Technical Escalations <g09616@att.com>
    Fri, Oct 26, 8:28 PM (12 days ago)
    to
    Dear Customer,
    Great news! Software to restore or improve the issue you reported to us will be released to your receiver before the end of December.
    Once again thank you for your patience.
    Thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer.
    Sincerely,

DIRECTV

16. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    Half of my recording disappeared again this morning. I had to a reset to get them back.

17. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    My reset did not even last 24 hours this time. Half of the shows are gone again. I will do a hard reboot this time. Plus it is recording on demand shows that we did not schedule.

18. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I had to do a reboot again this morning. It was 5 days since I did the previous one.