Proper Contact Avenues??

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by liquidsense, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    I have an issue that I need to escalate via written memo to someone at Dish Network (other than the base level customer service rep). Can anyone advise where the best place might be?

2. tasp

tasp AllStar

Mar 2, 2007
    I had a very serious concern with 2 Dish installations and I just took a morning off and spent 2 hours on the phone with them.

I explained to the first level CSR the problem and had her review the phone logs from all the prior calls.

She didn't think there was much she could do at her level, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. After explaining the situation to the supervisor and having all the phone logs reviewed, she didn't think there was anything that could be done.

At that point, I explained that I felt the situation was very serious, and that it was raising a red flag in their organization. Additionally, since no one was responding appropriately to the situation, that raised another red flag.

Their system is broken.

At that point, the supervisor kicked me up to the executive response team. I again explained the situation, had him review the phone logs, and I further explained that having 2 red flags going up on a serious situation, and no one responding appropriately was not an option.

I explained calmly, and in excrutiating repetitive detail, how when I set up the jobs, and anticipating the (inevitable) problems, I tried to set up the work orders so as to not trigger the problem. He explained to me how the system is supposed to work. I was able to point out exactly where the system 'breaks down', and was able to give him the contact # for our local 'hub' and the supervisor who keeps screwing up the work orders. The ERT member put me on hold for 15 minutes while he contacted the 'hub' and the supervisor.

When the ERT member came back on line, he informed me he got nowhere with the 'hub' and would send me a DP44 from the home office and a $150 dollar credit for my other customer.

Please note, that after all this, the original problem, the hub supervisor, remains a potential problem for all future DP44 switch installs in this area. . .

{don't know if this helps, but asking to speak to executive response might get some attention on the problem.}

3. nsafreak

nsafreak Legend

Mar 23, 2004
    Tasp,

From the description of your problem it sounds like you are an installation technician. Problem is that you went via the customer service route which typically does not handle (even at the ERT level) issues with work orders insofar as payment is concerned. Your best route probably would have been to go through DNS/RSP management group.

4. lapplegate

lapplegate Legend

Jan 17, 2003
    Try ceo@echostar.com

5. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Ditto what lapplegate said. That is the place to get the best solution.

6. bowheat11

bowheat11 Cool Member

Apr 16, 2007
    No doubt sending an e-mail to the top is quite effective. I've now got 2 names and a direct (non 1 800) number to HQ in colorado if I have any serious problems in the future. I also have the cell number of a local rep. who is apparently not the average install tech here in Knoxville. Good things to have in the bank.

7. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
  8. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    So, after two weeks of problems and zero progress, I emailed the ceo and executive board of Echostar. Within 1 day, the problem was fixed. I know where to go from now on if I have a problem.

Thanks again for the help.

9. dartonviper

dartonviper Legend

Mar 10, 2004
    So, what did they do to fix the problem so fast?

10. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    For a period of 2 weeks, I was missing HD channels. 9 CSR's, 3 technicians, and and a client promotions executive simply could not fix the problem.

Finally I sent a detailed email to the exec email. I had sent the email on Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning, I received a phone call from an executive communications representative. He explained that he would tentatively set up a field service manager to come to my place by Friday, but would make calls to the local reps in the meantime.

Three hours later, a technician called me personally and told me that they had come to my MDU and swapped out a bunch of older hardware. I didn't ask for detail, because I frankly don't know anything enough to know what they would likely tell me. He was apologizing profusely. I was just thankful he had helped.

I got home, re-scanned, and voila. My initial issue--missing HD channels--was finally fixed. Finally.

11. nismo

nismo AllStar

Jul 20, 2006
    How can E* get away with charging the customer for the 44 switch? I don't know your entire situation, but recently I completed a Dish-mover which required 4 orbital slots. The work order called for 4 orbitals yet only lists a 34 switch. I went ahead and modified the work order in order to get compensated for installing the 44 switch. 2 days later, the customer calls claiming Dish charged $199 for the 44 switch. Calling the activation hot line number and about 20 minutes on the phone fixed the issue.

Just last week, I had the exact same problem when I installed a 622 for my self with 4 orbital slots. The work order again called for a 34 switch. Modifying the work order for a 44 switch, (in order for the retailer I work for to be compensated) produced the same problem. E* charged me $199 for the switch. Again calling the hotline (twice) fixed it. The billing was funky. They first charge me $199, plus taxes, then credited $199 twice minus taxes (total $398) then charged me $199 to even things out.

Whats interesting is E* didn't provide the switch, the retailer did. How can they charge the customer for it? Doesn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.