1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prototype This: Mind Controlled Car - OAD 10/15/2008

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Sharkie_Fan, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Sitting around this morning, I stumbled across a replay of this episode, and it was pretty cool.

I'm not sure how much I actually like the show - I'll have to watch a few more episodes and see what I think about it then.

But this episode was really cool. First off, the emotiv mind control headset is really cool. I don't necessarily keep up on the latest technological advancements, so I hadn't really seen this product before. At least not "in action", and not a a "consumer" level.

Some of the explanations they go into during the show are sort of lame. At one point they use 4 guys (or was it 1 guy 4 times) to demonstrate how the program that the guy is writing works... attempting to visually demonstrate that there are different pieces of the program all running together to make the whole thing work as planned....

But, the concept of a car that 'reads your mind' and turns off if you're too aggravated was actually pretty interesting. The idea that you can put the car into drive using the power of your mind was pretty cool. The whole test scenario they worked out was pretty fun, as well.

All in all, a pretty entertaining hour. I'll definitely be giving this show a few more shots to see if it might be a keeper.

2. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Makes you wonder what happens when you desire to flip someone the bird for cutting you off.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yeah, I'd prefer just having front and rear missile launchers, mind controlled of course.:sure:

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I would suggest that would not be the best setting for recalling a favorite episode of Toonces - The Cat Who Could Drive a Car. :D

5. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    I enjoyed this show, hope they have more good episodes.