PS3: DirecTV HMC Lite Server

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HMC PC Playback Discussion (private)' started by Michael D'Angelo, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Today is the first time I have turned my PS3 on in a while and I noticed under the list of PC's my PS3 has media share setup with it now list "DirecTV HMC Lite Server" three times. I am using PC Playback on three HR20's.

When I click on them I get a error message that says "Media Server Error: A DLNA protocol error (4405) has occurred.".

Does this mean that at some point we will be able to use PC playback through a PS3 too or is this just a problem?

2. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    My guess is that the PS3 just sees it because it's on the network.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Probably, but it would be awesome if it actually worked. I am wondering if it is early stages of MRV? I know the PS3 will not be a part of MRV but I am wondering if the HR20's have some software already for MRV and any networked unit like that will see the HR20's.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Again, this is a WAG but I suspect that the HR20 publishing its presence was not completely intentional.

5. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I've seen this on both my PS/3's since people started reporting that Windows/XP was seeing them in their network neighborhood.

6. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    That is what I am beginning to wonder and hope. :D