1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAT question

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by 916ajp, Mar 18, 2012.

1. 916ajp

916ajp New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I live in the Sacramento locals market. Our CBS affiliate starts their primetime one hour early. Example; How I Met You Mother starts at 7:00PM on Mondays, Survivor starts at 7:00PM on Wednesday, etc. Will the Hopper recognize this or do I need to set those programs up to record like a non PTAT show?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    PTA is controlling by dish, not by Sacramento or San Francisco's time. I'm doubt you will see your desired adjustment.

3. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    It's set up for 8-11 or 7-10, whichever is used in your time zone. If the stations in a market aren't all on the same PT hours, I think it would depend on Dish catching the difference. The EPG will have a PT timer icon for the shows that will be included in the PTAT recording, so you'll know in advance.

More info at http://www.dishuser.org/ptat.php

4. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I see that on the Hopper EPG but not the Joeys.

5. steff3

steff3 Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    This is a question I was also curious about. I am in the Sacramento locals area as well where CBS PT begins at 7 PM and the other three begin at 8PM. My install is Wednesday so will find out Wednesday night. At the worst I suppose the 7 - 8 PM programs will may need to be programmed to record if desired.

6. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    That's bizarre, we might have our first bug attributable to the Joey. Do the Joeys show a timer icon for regular DVR events created on the Hopper?

7. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    They're all showing up on all 3 devices now. I guess you need to wait a couple of days to turn on PTAT. :lol: I turned it on the 1st day. Just now I disabled it and then enabled it and all timer icons are on all EPGs regardless of which box was used to set the timer. Ain't early adepterating fun.:p