1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purse Stolen- need ID!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Laxguy, May 17, 2011.

1. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    My visiting GF has just had her purse stolen, and in it was ID, Credit cards, cell phone. She needs to be on a plane Friday, and we've been given the runaround on how to come up with a temp. ID - in N. CA, where she's a Peach State resident.

Any ideas?

2. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Not a solution for getting an ID, but, I have flown without ID one time in the past (about 2 years ago), when I misplaced my license right before I got to the airport.

She will need to speak with TSA when she gets there and will be interviewed by a supervisor, for me it was about a two minute conversation and she let me go.

3. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Looks like she is S.O.L She can apply on line but it says it takes 28 days. It's effin ridiculous if she was Mexican or any other country she could probably goto the embassy and get new documents. I presume she does not have her Birth Certificate so that would rule out an expedited US passport

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Does the girlfriend have a passport & is it back home in Florida? If so, she could have someone FEDEX her the passport..

Has the girlfriend filed a police report? If so, that police report might be sufficient enough for TSA to prove she has lost her ID.

5. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I assume there's no way that a friend or relative could get her passport or some other document at her home and overnight it - or a copy?

Maybe a wakeup call to all of us to make copies of passport, license, etc. and make them available to a friend or relative. Plus inventory credit cards with their 800 numbers.

6. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    What kind of phone was it? Maybe you could track it.

7. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Why would it be in Fla. when she's a Peach State resident? Last I heard, Fla. was the Sunshine State. Given your hometown, and state, fluffybear, that is not an excusable error.

There was a case just like this a couple of months ago and an actual TSA official testified that you are not required to have ID to fly. She will just have to get there extra early and fill out some forms attesting to the fact that she is who she says she is and she lost her ID.
    See this article from January.

8. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    I can only speak about my one experience, I didn't need to fill out any forms. I was in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (not my home state). I didn't realize I'd lost my ID until I go to the airport. I spoke with the TSA gate person, who then called a supervisor who briefly interviewed me and sent me on my way. It was actually fairly painless. With that said, this was a couple of years ago and procedures may have changed.

9. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...

You know what they say, Memory is the second thing to go!

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    According to the TSA, this is still the case.
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/acceptable_documents.shtm

We understand passengers occasionally arrive at the airport without an ID, due to lost items or inadvertently leaving them at home. Not having an ID, does not necessarily mean a passenger won’t be allowed to fly. If passengers are willing to provide additional information, we have other means of substantiating someone’s identity, like using publicly available databases.

11. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I would bring the police report that was also posted

12. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    And I would go online and print water, electric, gas and phone statements to help the process. I don't do facebook, but I imagine these days, even that would help get her back. I would also contact her state DOT. The last drivers license I renewed was achieved from a file photo. There might be something they can send the TSA.

13. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    For some very helpful ideas. We had started down the road of having her passport FedExed to her this A.M. when I posted, but it's not a certainty that it can or will be done~~ and the TSA stuff is encouraging.

I have my own PP and DL scanned and on several computers, but those won't help me in getting a permanent replacement should I ever need to do so. Keeping fingers X'ed!

Thanks again, and

Ciao for now.......

14. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No one gave the most obvious answer ...

Just tell her she has to stay longer :D

15. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    She can't, his wife gets home Saturday.

16. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    !rolling

- Merg

17. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    lmfao

18. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    oh my, that does change everything. What a blessing. Walk away sir and get on your flight. If the TSA cannot testify to your wife, then you are cleared of all accusations.

19. markfp

markfp Legend

Mar 9, 2010
    Now a days, the best ID one can have is a passport, even when traveling domestically. When my wife and I travel together I give her a photocopy of mine and she gives me a copy of hers which we each carry separate from our wallet or purse. We also leave copies home with our daughter who could quickly fax them to us in an emergency. TSA deals with this everyday. The more info you can give them, even a photocopy, will make things go much quicker.