1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR Alert! SciFi Friday returns 7/15

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by BobMurdoch, Jul 11, 2005.

1. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Just a reminder for all of us whittling down our programs during rerun season...

New Stargate SG-1/Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica episodes start running this Friday on the SciFi Channel. Update your timers accordingly........

2. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    :joy:

3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    And Ben Browder and Claudia Black will be joining SG-1. Which is good because I loved them in Farscape, but it's bad because there's no more Farscape. Anyway when Firefly joins as the lead-in show on the 22nd I can't think of when there's ever been a better night of sci-fi in one night! :coolglass

4. Jim Parker

Jim Parker Icon

Aug 12, 2003
    Cool! They are the best SciFi on TV this year.

5. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    WooHoo!

6. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Time for the Dance of Joy!

7. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Who said Friday nights was a vast TV wasteland?

Now if we could only get SciFi to start making ORIGINAL Firefly episodes again, I would never bad mouth their CEO again....... TV has a big gaping hole with no new Joss Whedon shows on TV....

8. tonyp56

tonyp56 Godfather

Apr 25, 2004
    Hey, us non-DVR users use timers too!:)

I can't wait, though I am interested in how SG-1 will be now that another cast member is gone.

9. tonyp56

tonyp56 Godfather

Apr 25, 2004
    The only thing I wish:
    If the SCIFI channel would run all of there commercials at the beginning of each show (SG-1, SG-Alantis, and Battlestar Galactica) so that they could play the shows UN-interrupted. At least for the season premiere and season finale!

Heck, I'd be OK with a ticker at the bottom of the screen, they do this already with other shows, so why not the commercials, like I said at least for the two biggest shows of the season!

Thats the only thing about the Scifi channel, they play lots of commercials.

10. invaliduser88

Apr 23, 2002
    It starts tonight. Set those DVR's if you haven't already!

11. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Heck, I'd be OK with a ticker at the bottom of the screen

I'd much rather have a commercial I can skip in the middle of the program, than have a ticker running along the bottom thats unavoidable.

12. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Tnt along with others have enough of these as it is...

13. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Now let's just hope that my 921 doesn't frac up the recordings........

14. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    921 and 2 Replays set, one on D*...:D Cannot be too careful, plus I will be gone...

15. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Had some weather outage during the 1st hour (the Sci Fi Insider thing). Not too worried though if I get some during the show, as I'll undoubtably download them too.

16. Fen

Fen New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    And that's why they cut the intro of both shows down to 10 seconds, each. To show more commericals.

Overall, both Stargate premieres were good. Liking the Cameron Mitchell character so far (of course, I liked Ben Browder as Crichton) but not caring for General Landry, at all. Doesn't help that he reminds me of Bill Callahan, former Raiders, and now current Nebraska Cornhuskers head coach.....

17. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Quick impressions from friday. BSG kicks @$$! Loving SG-1 w/ Ben Browder and Claudia Black, it'll be interesting to see Lou Gossett Jr's character. Atlantis is still just ok for me, but the addition of Mitch Pilleggi (sp?) is a good thing.

18. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Loving SG-1 w/ Ben Browder and Claudia Black

Apparently Lexa Doig (you know her as Andromeda from the show of the same name) is also joining the cast as the new primary doctor, and the daughter of the new General. I hope she has a large role to play, as she's yummy. ;)

http://www.kolumbus.fi/raine.maattanen/final_cut/lexa_doig/02.jpg (slightly risque)

19. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    A few notes.....

SG-1 made me nervous, as they ditched the normal opening credits (which doesn't tell us who is considered the series' regulars anymore). For a sec there it looked like Walter the "chevron's locked guy" was gonna be the only returning cast member. I can deal with RDA leaving (I will miss him, but Browder and Black are already showing appeal - I love Black and her morally ambiguous character hurling wisecracks - the black leather outfit was just a bonus). Hated the "To be Continued", but we'll see how things end up before I say more.......

Atlantis's ending was OK although I would have liked a better ending than the solution that made the hive ships think they were just gone. I DID like the muttering Asgard playing Scotty with the bombs against his best judgement by beaming them into the tailpipe of the hive ships (or wherever he sent them). Lt. Ford?, ehhhhhhh... we'll see. I like the Mitch Pileggi addition. Are they staying all season with the ship?

BG? Wow. Hit the ground running right out of the gates. Tigh, having flashbacks, ...Apollo back on duty but 5 minutes from getting thrown back in the brig, Starbuck going nuts on Helo and his preggers Cylon girlfriend, a nifty subplot as the Galactica (OOPS!) jumps to the wrong part of space and has to leap back to an ambush, expose their systems to Cylon hacking, and then jump to the new location, leaving a crashed ship on the ground on Kobol. Whew. Have these guys been watching "24" again? Lots going on. Keep it up....

20. invaliduser88

Apr 23, 2002
    Don't forget Cylon boarding party marching into the gift shop in the left launch bay with the "to be continued" of course.