1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about DirecTV app on iPhone

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Sandra, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sandra

Sandra Legend

Apr 16, 2012
    So last week I clicked on 'watch on iPhone' then 'watch your dvr' and my playlist came up on my phone. I didn't try to watch anything, I just looked at the playlist.

Today I'm trying to do the same thing and I'm getting 'loading playlist' forever, and it's not loading. What am I missing?

Through some searches it seems like you have to be on your home network (I'm not) but it's not clear whether you have to be on your home network to view the playlist from your dvr, or to actually watch something from the playlist. Right now I'd simply like to look at the playlist.

If you do have to be on your home network to even view the playlist it's odd that last week I was sitting in this same room on this same network (not my home network) when I was able to view the playlist.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I have an Android phone and I do not have to be on the local network to view the playlist. I also can download a show or movie from my DVR to my phone to watch it on my phone. The only requirement is to have internet access. I assume the iOS version should work the same way. The DVR playlist did take a while to download to my phone even though there is less than 10 recordings on it. Maybe they are having site problems today.

Correction: To actually download a show from the DVR you have to be on the same network as the DVR.

3. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    You should be able to load the playlist from anywhere, but to actually watch something that is recorded to your DVR, you will have to connect to the same network that the DVR is connected to.