1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about MLBN

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by satcrazy, Apr 21, 2012.

1. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Am I losing it or what?

When I had direct,[ about a year ago] I sure don't remember getting the "pop up" window telling me I can't view what ever game was on at the time on MLBN. Only happened on the fox sports [baseball] channels if you did not subscribe to them.

So, now, everytime there's a game on, I can't watch it? What's the point of MLBN?

Did MLB change rules since a year ago?

Yes, I can get regional games on another channel, but I'm sure I was watching what ever game was on MLBN [at the time]

I'm sure someone has the answer here.

thanks

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Blackout rules do apply. If you get the game locally, MLBN should be blacked out.

3. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    O.K. I get that, but yesterday it was Dogers and Astros and I'm in Northwest Pa.

They are not in my region.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Was it the MLBN or MLBNA channel, being the alternate? It might be if you get the main game, MLB doesn't give you the alternate game. You may have to check with the MLB channel for their rules.

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    MLBN does regional games (2) and you get 1. With cable, it's just handled behind the scenes & you get the game on MLBN. However, with satellite they can't do it as easy so there's an Alternate MLBN feed. If you're not getting the game on MLBN, then you will get the secondary game on the alternate feed. It's the same for DirecTV.

6. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Legend

Mar 14, 2012
    I think the alternate channel is 5450 or 5451.

7. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Thanks for all the info.

garys; The pop up happened on MLBN.

It appears the channels [ 5450, 5451-HD] are MLBNA. [ thanks mojo] I will tune these in when I get the next pop up and see what's playing.

thanks sigma, I just don't remember this issue when I had direct. good explanation tho.