1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about switches.

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by jcord51, May 29, 2005.

1. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    :) Hi Guys, I currently have a 7100, 508 and 921 all hooked up to a sw64 and receiving signals from Dish 500 and 61.5. As you can see all my available lines are used up and I have never had a switch problem. I'm getting a 942 next week and would like your input as to what additional switch would be needed (sw44)? This will be a lease so an installer will be coming...is the additional switch included on the lease? Thanks for the help.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    My guess is that he'll switch you out to dishpro equipment.

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Yup - either a pair of DP34's or, if you're lucky, a DPP44.

4. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    Thanks to both of you for your input...nice hearing from both you heavy hitters! I asked this question with tongue in cheek because I'm not a new sub. I was granted a lease option with an install. I can either leave the set-up I have using the SW64 (which is one of the more reliable switches dish has), and remove my two other receivers (7100 & 508) on my own install without having to tamper with the two dishes I have on my 30 foot high roof. The other option is to start fresh with new Dish Pro equipment and hope for the newer DPP44 switch since a pair of DP34 means more than can go wrong. I just don't know what to do right now, go for the easy install with the time tested equipment I have, or go with the new stuff (Dish Pro) and be at the mercy of the installer. I'll go with what you guys say, thanks again.