1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the sirius channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FastNOC, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    I haven't had much luck finding an answer to this.

Since we get numerous Sirius channels with the package I have, is it possible to now listen to Stern in the mornings? I have a feeling that's labled a premium type channel and the answer is no, but thought I'd ask

2. rdiedrich

rdiedrich Legend

Sep 10, 2007
    You will not get Stern unless you pay to stream it online or have a receiver that you pay monthly for.

Randy

3. bairdjc

bairdjc Legend

Sep 22, 2005
    nope we dont get talk channels

we did one time during a free preview

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I missed that one! When was that? All I ever had were the music channels. I don't think they even carry the talk stations on E* satellites.

5. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    Yeah i figured that was the case :(. Bummer. I can't imagine ever having a situation where I'm interested in using those music channels.

6. bairdjc

bairdjc Legend

Sep 22, 2005
    wow it was a LONG time ago, but I distinctly remember listening to stern on my E* service. maybe spring 2006?

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Stern had a TV show (probably still does) but not his radio show on E*.

8. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    The music channels on Sirius (and XM) are produced by Sirius (and XM). The "talk" shows and other type shows contain mostly syndicated content and E* would have to have contracts with each of those content providers to carry it.

Read a story about it somewhere at some point.

9. aegrotatio

aegrotatio Legend

Mar 27, 2006
    There is a Sirius barker channel that regularly loops personalities from the Stern show on it but it is just a barker channel.
    On the DirecTV side they broadcast a few talk channels: The ViRUS on channel 879 and Oprah and Friends on channel 807

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I don't remember any talk stations either when Sirius started. I was hoping they'd have them! It's just words. Royalities are a pain for consumers. Oh well..

11. DishSubLA

DishSubLA Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    In a Charlie Chat last year, someone called in and asked specifically about getting Howard Stern on Dish Network via Sirius. Charlie said that Dish did investigate early on about providing Howard Stern to Dish customers, but that it was "very expensive." That answers that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.