1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Portland Directv customers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by convem24, Sep 20, 2008.

1. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    I have a question about independent installers in the Portland area. My situation is I am moving from the Seattle area back to Portland. My problems is I used my movers connection in March. I have not called yet to see what time table is available on installation from Ironwood communications or if they can supply me with a Swmline dish. I need a SWMline dish becuase I am first of all am moving in with my parents (I know but I have a reason) becuase my dad's health has declined) temporarily and I don't want additional lines for all 3 DVR I have. All my DVRs are SWM capable. If Ironwood cannot or will not supply me with a SWMline which I am willing to pay for installation labor and hardware does anyone have any recommendations on indepenent dealers to get in contact with in the Portland area to see if they can do a SWM install? Any answers are appreciated.

2. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    Even if they can't (and probably at this stage the answer is they won't), the pricing on either replacing out the LNB 'head' on the slimline, or simply adding a SWM8 module to the output of a 'standard' Slimline, has gotten VERY cheap.

~<$100 in short. Personally, I'd go with the SWM8 simply because it's been out the longest, doesn't require you to monkey around with the actual dish itself (potentially getting the alignment off), and supplies OTA and non-SWM outputs (either of which you may or may not need, but...). Plus of course keeps the install 'standard' from the outlook of the installers.

3. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    I have friends who just got Directv in Idaho and got SWM installs with 3 DVR or more. I will have to call movers to see what they can do. If not I will call in independent installers but I don't know who to call.