Question on having two accounts

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by StangGT909, Aug 16, 2019.

1. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    I had a long time directv account at home # 1.
    I have this linked to my att cell phone and receive the $15/month ATT wireless discount and HBO

I got a second residence (home # 2) this year (multi dwelling unit apartment building serviced by directv)
    I believed directv would not have multiple addresses, so I signed up as a completely new customer (used a separate email).

After a while, I haven't been using home # 1 much so I think I want to cancel my directv at home # 1

If I do that, can I say hey, I'm cancelling home # 1, but can you cancel this account but merge my other residence (home # 2) with my wireless to add the $15/month discount to home # 2, or would they be mad I created a unique/separate account without telling them and have an repercussions on the new customer deal I'm receiving at home # 2?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    DIRECTV would allow multiple address. You just had to have two accounts with two programming levels and equipment. I've even heard of people having multiple accounts at the same address (large number of TVs).

After you cancel the first account, just add your now 'orphaned' phone to the second account. I'd continue to use the second email address though just so you don't confuse the issue.

3. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    I don't know what you mean by two programming levels, but I have multiple addresses each with it's own equipment.
    Thanks for the tips, so basically:

1. Cancel directv # 1 (phone will be stand alone now)
    2. Now just add phone to directv # 2

Hopefully that works

4. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    That should work. Of course, it's AT&T we are talking about so you never know!

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I meant each address would have to have it's own programming. You couldn't subscribe to Premier at 1 and share that service with 2.