Question on Source Display of Resolution - DTV, Samsung One Connect and Samsung Q965FN QLED

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by goalasso, Dec 23, 2018.

1. goalasso

goalasso New Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Hi and Thank You in Advance,

I have Direct TV and now have the 4k Service. I have a Genie 2 HS17-100 and the C61k-700 4k Mini. The HDMI is out of the Mini to HDMI 1 Input on the Samsung One Connect Box connected to my Samsung Q9 FN (2018).

I seem to be getting the 4K programming fine and looks good. If I, for a test, turn off the 4K resolution on the TV, I get the message that my TV doesnt support 4k. Then, if I set it back it all works. So, I am confident that I am getting the 4K programming and resolution (also validated that the TV is ok as I watch Netflix 4K and Apple TV 4 perfectly).

So, my question is this: If I navigate to the source, via the TV menu and select DTV as the source that is currently playing, it displays the resolution description in the upper right. However, it will display the resolution of the previous show - in this case just HD. If I turn off the TV and DTV box and restart, it will default back to the 4K channel and now display the correct resolution description in the banner. The reverse it true too -- if I navigate to a non-4K channel, the resolution description in the banner displays 4k resolution information.

As a followup - I have the Universal remote setup source as the mini.

So, is this purely a resolution description text issue in that the One Connect doesn't really see this as a switch in source to update the text? or do I have something not quite right?

Hope this makes sense and TIA!

David

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have a 2016 4k Samsung and I only get the resolution when the set is turned on. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing brings up the resolution after startup.

3. goalasso

goalasso New Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Interesting. I just unplugged the HDMI cable from DTV mini to HDMI1 ( and then plugged it in again) and then re-setup the universal remote (One Remote) and now the display text of the resolution is updated each time I switch and view the source description. Hmmm...

3840 x 2160 or 1920 x 1080

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I played with that. Did not reprogram the Samsung Remote.
    If I change the Input to You Tube and then change it back to DirecTV it shows the current resolution of what is coming from DirecTV. That is an improvement.
    I can not get it to show the resolution when I go to You Tube.
    No big deal, I can live with it.