1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding RSN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by MalibuRacing, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MalibuRacing

MalibuRacing Legend

Mar 2, 2007
    I have the Sports Pack, so I get (I thought) all the RSN. But, when I try to go to the Fox Sports Rocky Mountain channel to watch a Rockies game it tells me that I have not purchased this channel. What gives? What determines which RSN I receive and which ones I do not if I have the Sports Pack? I thought I got them all??

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    you need MLB EI to get out of market games.

3. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Professional sports are blacked out on your out of market RSN's, per league rules. Collegiate sports are not. Give us your zip code and we'll tell you which ones are in your market.

4. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Assuming your zip code is 35801.

This is what you get:
    You'll be limited those pro teams unless you subscribe to a sports package (Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, Center Ice, etc.). However, you will receive collegiate sports from all the RSN's.

5. MalibuRacing

MalibuRacing Legend

Mar 2, 2007
    I called D* CSR and got more info. The reason I was confused was because I was getting Error 721, not subscribed message. Typically, I get the blackout message for games. This was confusing because I was getting the "not subscribed" message. After talking with the CSR, she said that it is possible to get that message for blacked out games. Bummer... :(

6. crimpshrine

crimpshrine Legend

Aug 2, 2010
    I know about all the blackout rules, but I want to know why the DVR will let you record a blacked out event? When I had Dish it wouldn't even let you have a chance to record these events and you knew you were blacked out well in advance because it had a circle with a line through it on the guide info.

The reason this is a problem, is because some sports lift the blackouts on replays. But I've had a couple of telecasts that I thought were in the clear because they were on a delay and not live but I guess since they were a first run they were blacked it out.

7. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Wait... you can record blacked out games?!

8. crimpshrine

crimpshrine Legend

Aug 2, 2010
    No I should of explained more..It will record the channel but it will only record the "This channel is not available in your area" screen.