Quibi

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by SledgeHammer, Apr 8, 2020.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Anybody trying Quibi? Gotta say I *honestly* never got into Netflix or Amazon originals even though I tried Stranger Things and Ozark... gave Quibi a try... Have a free trial on AP now, can't find a single AP Original to watch.

1) Don't like watching on my phone, that's a dumb gimmick, iPhone doesn't support Miracast :(. If you have an Android, you can probably Miracast to your TV, although I suspect the mobile device only gimmick is so they can lower the bit rate.
    2) Not a big fan of the 5-10 min episodes, that's also a dumb gimmick
    3) A lot of meh shows, BUT Most Dangerous Game and When The Streetlights Go On are pretty awesome and have me hooked, since we're all WFH, the 10 min gimmick does work, but once we're out in the real world again, I'll go back to my #2 opinion on that.

The 24 reboot, err... I mean The Fugitive reboot lol with Jack Bauer, err... I mean Kiefer Sutherland should be good as well.

Didn't care for Survive, first 3 eps focus too much on the drugs and mental issues. Gave up at that point.

Quibi does seem to have a lot of big names. MDG has Liam Hemsworth and WTSGO has Queen Latifah. The Fugitive has Kiefer Sutherland.

2. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    I will wait for The Fugitive to be out in full elsewhere.

3. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    The Stranger premiered today. Also another good one. FreeRayShawn is ok so far too. Not sure where that one is headed yet.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  4. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois
    I can't behind the concept of Quibi. But I don't know if I'm the target market, either. It has some star power, so I'm sure some of the content is enjoyable. It just hasn't garnered my interest.

I agree that lack of casting is a turnoff. But it doesn't feel like they expect/want you to sit and binge, based on how it's set up? (Albeit, a binge in this case only could constitute a couple of hours.)

5. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    The 5-10 min episode thing? Well, they release 3 eps when a show launches and then 1 per week day. So if you want to buffer them up, wait til the end of the week. But the short thing could work for some people. Drs office, waiting room, lines, etc. Gives you a chance to watch some. I'm not a teenage either and maybe its good for me now because we're all WFH lol...

Most Dangerous Game, When The Street Lights Go On, FreeRayShawn and The Stranger are more of a movie cut up into 10 min chunks. 50 States of Fright seems to be 3 Quibi episodes = 1 story (so far). No idea how many episodes a show will have.

To me the Quibi thing gives me something to watch besides Nazi stuff on AP and Supernatural on NF lol.

Although, MDG has been done to death, no pun intended. Slightly different spin on it. WTSLGO is your typical murder mystery. The Stranger is your typical stalker thing where the stalker can do "magical" stuff lol. Not magic in the sense of magic, but you know... make evidence magically disappear, etc. 50 States Of Fright so far seems like kind of Amazing Stories. I did watch AS on Apple+ and I thought only 1 or 2 eps were interesting.

I dunno, its free for 90 days, so no biggie. Lame that I have to watch it on my iPhone though.

6. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Quibi is not for me. I don't watch videos on my phone at all. I look at some short ones on my iPad but any movies or TV shows streamed are on my large-screen Roku TV.

7. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Read today they are going to open it up to TVs. It does work on tablets now of course. I don't have a tablet though. Oh well. Its a compromise right now. I can watch 4 or 5 good shows every day on my phone or watch nothing on my TV lol.