Quick Question?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Jan 17, 2015.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    I have had Directv since December 10th, when I applied for Directv I only got approve for an HD-DVR and a regular HD receiver plus whole home DVR cause of my credit not being the best,my question is in 2 years when my contract is up would I be able to quilify for a Genie and mini Genie? thanks.

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Probably... if you keep a good payment history. Maybe even sooner... you'd just have to call and ask.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    Agree.

If you can manage them doing auto pay by debiting it out of your bank account monthly, you might get there faster. But you'd have to stay on top of managing the funds being there for sure.

Good luck!

4. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    While I totally agree that autopay would be a good idea to get your upgrades sooner I will never allow an autopay to debit a bank account, it always goes to a credit card. This is just sound financial management, when a mistake is made and they take too much out you run the risk of other payments being NSF and then getting charged a bunch of NSF fees. Plus with a CC you have the ability to contest the charge if you have a problem resolving it with the creditor

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    For some, yes. I don't run my accounts so low as to risk NSF charges, and one can always dispute a charge, regardless of how paid.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    And,
    when they put it on your CC and it sends out a statement, most of them are giving you about 3 more weeks to pay it. So, you are using the CC money for about a month. Also, if you get a CC that gives you money back, mine gives 1% for all purchases, it will make you money as long as you never charge more than you can pay in full each month.
    Good luck to the TS.