1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiet blu-ray players

Discussion in 'Blu-Ray Hardware' started by david stalan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. david stalan

david stalan New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Anyone know of a quiet blu-ray player? I recently replaced my old HP with a Sony BDP-S3700 and it makes this loud fan/buzzing sound while playing discs. I tend to watch movies at low volume so it makes things even worse. Admittedly, I'm very fussy when it comes to this, but it's something I just can't endure. I know this was a relatively inexpensive machine and don't mind paying a bit more as long as it's silent. I searched for info, but came up with nothing, hopefully I'm not alone on this and you guys have some recommendations.

Don't need 4k upscaling, but it has to play region A discs.

Cheers

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    usually the sound coming from a spindle if the media BD/DVD/CD are not centered well on the spindle
    or it's mfg defective media - did you try many ? perhaps some self made DVDs ?

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Sony made the best VCRs. I've had a couple Sony BD players and gave them away. I don't use a BD player very much anymore but I have Samsung BD players and they're silent. And inexpensive. Sammy puts out some nice BD upscalers too.

Rich