1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R15-300 and Caller ID (Revisited)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by crkeehn, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. crkeehn

    crkeehn Godfather

    Apr 22, 2002
    I did a search on the topic of issues with the R15 and caller ID and the posts I called up all dated back to 2007-8.

    Last Summer I had U-verse internet and phone service installed. For about 6 months the caller ID worked fine and then earlier this year it stopped working. I noticed that suddenly, two days ago it started working again.

    Why would the Caller ID stop working for a period of time and without any action on my part start working again? I can't blame it on a reboot while I was at work, as I have had cause to reboot the unit other times and it has had no impact on caller Id. Is this one of the mysteries of the world like bigfoot or the Bermuda Triangle?

  2. harsh

    harsh Beware the Attack Basset

    Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Since the firmware for the R15-300 (0x13B4) doesn't appear to have been updated since it started rolling out in October, I'd be inclined to believe that AT&T wasn't delivering the CID signals. Of course if you have other devices that have been working all along with CID, you're probably in the Twilight Zone.
  3. studechip

    studechip Godfather

    Apr 16, 2012
    Caller ID has been sketchy with Directv for years. You aren't the only one with this issue.
  4. peds48

    peds48 Genius.

    Jan 10, 2008
    wakata.... we do agree on something..... FINALLY!!!! !rolling

    let's keep the streak...
    1 person likes this.
  5. crkeehn

    crkeehn Godfather

    Apr 22, 2002
    Yes, I do have other devices which have continued to work with CID. It was just the DVR.

    I guess I am in the Twilight Zone.

Share This Page