1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R15-500 replacement power supply?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by WalkGood, Jan 13, 2012.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Where can I buy a replacement power supply for an R15-500?

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    You cant.

First, you would need to make sure you box is owned and not leased. Then you would need to find another -500 that is also owned. Then swap away.

3. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Any idea why no one makes a replacement?

Also is there any where that will REPAIR an R15-500 power supply?

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Its old tech now...I'm sure you'll be able to find a working R15 that someone will part with so you can use it a parts....these were never meant to be customer serviceable devices.

5. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I have an R15 that I will ship for $35. PM if interested.

6. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Argghhh! I *just* bought an R15-500 off eBay! I paid $35 plus $12 for shipping.

Hopefully the power supply will actually work for me. And if the hard drive works, I'll have a back up drive to use for something.

7. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Transplanted the power supply from the R15-500 I bought off eBay. Now I am up and running with my original receiver and all is good.

Weird though, it actually seems like all channels now are a bit brighter (no changes to TV settings). Could it be that the old power supply was causing the video signal to be darker?

With the eBay receiver I also got a remote which is in very good condition. My old remote was/is well worn sometimes had to press CHANNEL button a few times before it would send a signal. Replacement works like new.

8. WalkGood

WalkGood Cool Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I found a company that will repair the power supply of pretty much anything. They specifically say they can repair the power supply from an R15-500 - model # PU313I. They will perform testing and a quote for FREE. However their minimum charge for repairs is $250.00!!! :eek2:

http://www.acsindustrial.com/repair-catalog/item-18254.html

Please Note: At ACS, the repair evaluation and repair quote is FREE. Once approved, there is a minimum repair charge of $250 for each item we repair.