Earl, Thanks for beating me over the head about this one. I understand what you are saying here (and in other threads) about this issue. However, with all due respect, your statements are not entirely correct, or, at least they do not agree with my experience. Specifically, I setup my Olympics autorecord on 2/11/06. My R15 froze on 2/17/06, 4 days before we got the 10A3 update. When it froze, it needed to be rebooted. After the (red button) reboot, my R15 was still using CUSTOM1 which I had previously defined to be the channels that I receive. In other words, I rebooted my R15 when it was still using 109A and the reboot had no ill effects on my autorecord. It was only after the 10A3 update that my autorecord started to use channels that I do not receive. Disclaimer: I certainly do not know as much as you do about this machine, and I have no idea why my experience differs from your understand of how this thing works or is suppsoed to work. All I can do is detail what actually happened and hope that the DTV programmers can sort it out.