Rainbow1 Footprint

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FrequentFlyer, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer Mentor

Sep 21, 2004
    Can anyone point me to a map/graphic that shows Rainbow1's footprint?

2. rocatman

rocatman Icon

Nov 27, 2003
  3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Here's another that shows the aim locations of the spots:
    [​IMG]

I don't recall seeing a conus picture online (perhaps in a PDF) but based on past reports it seems to have the as much of the US as possible from that location and is weaker than E3 in Puerto Rico.

JL

4. FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer Mentor

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm trying to figure out just how far the footprint extends to and beyond Puerto Rico and whether a 6' dish can reliably receive the signal in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  6. oyving

oyving Mentor

Sep 15, 2003
    OK.. Why was it built with spotbeam capibilities when the locals were to be via antenna only? Were they thinking of selling the bird anyways?

7. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Quite possible. They may have also been thinking of regional sports and getting HD signals beyond their normal footprint to their entire DMAs. They had an unused lease of a FSS satellite as well where they could have installed a partial SD, moved national HD to the FSS bird and done locals from 61.5. Plenty of possibilities.

JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.