Random issues with WeTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by rmmccann, Jan 28, 2016.

1. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    Not sure if this is a systemic issue or an issue with the channel feed, but we watch quite a bit of the Law and Order marathons on WeTV. We've noticed (especially in the evenings) on all of our TVs that occasionally we'll get an audio/video dropout. Audio quits and the picture blocks/pixelates for a few seconds, then returns to normal. I think it's happened on a few other channels, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember which. I notice it consistently on WeTV however.

Could this be indicative of a dish alignment issue or is it just a broadcast issue (ie: are others seeing this too)? Using the Signal Meter in the receiver, the vast majority of my signal levels were mid to high 90s, with only one or two in the mid 80s (and several at 0 which I'm assuming are dead/inactive TPs).

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    We TV is one of your local channels so it's going to be very difficult for most of us to comment, but unless it's happening to national channels as well, this is almost certainly a problem with your local station's signal.

3. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    Not sure where you got your information, but WeTV (DirecTV channel 260) is not a local channel.

4. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    It is handled via a local station here and in the local channel number list.

5. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    Are you sure you two aren't referring to MeTV? WeTV is owned by AMC Networks.

6. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    oops.....we or me.....!
    I'll check channel 260....

7. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    Thanks. We've only noticed it with Law and Order (that's about the only thing we watch on that channel) so I'm not sure if it's a consistent problem during a specific time of day or if it just happens with that program.

8. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Sorry thought this was about ME and not WE

9. Feb 1, 2016 #9 of 11
    rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    Had this happen again on We Saturday evening during a marathon of House. Happened during the commercial break so the disruption wasn't a problem.

10. tim99

tim99 Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    FWIW I also see this a lot during L&O mini marathons on WE (260). Sometimes it's so bad that the picture freezes then the PVR hangs to some extent. Transport controls don't work, if recording that gets munged. Usually I can change to another channel which then works fine for days until another incident on WE. Today this is happening every 5-6 minutes so for me the channel is at times unwatchable. At first I thought simple pvr/hd failure but now I am quite sure it only happens on WE.

1 person likes this.
  11. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    That's exactly what we've noticed. Funny how it never happens with the commercials, only the programming.