Rangers-Habs this Saturday Night

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by stoutman, Nov 13, 2011.

1. stoutman

stoutman Godfather

Feb 8, 2003
    Well, I guess I will see if people from Directv do look at the posts on this board by seeing if they will correct the blackout for next Saturday's game. The game is blacked out to upstate NY markets on the online guide. It is not supposed to be blacked out based on the agreements between MSG and NHL at the beginning of the season. This past Saturday night's Devils-Caps game was erroneously blacked out, even though Directv was informed to lift the black out by MSG and the league from what I was told by MSG. I sent emails this morning to NHL and MSG begging for this weekend not to be a repeat. We will see.

2. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    We will see, indeed. Let's Go Rangers!

3. stoutman

stoutman Godfather

Feb 8, 2003
    Mea Culpa time.....

After a week of going back and forth, Directv has been acquitted of all charges.
    The NHL has deemed it is not an issue they wish to resolve. Therefore, much of upstate NY, Eastern PA and parts of Conn. outside of Farfield County will continue to be blacked out of national hockey games at times when NY teams are involved. Many ways to fix the problem, but NHL is not interested. The next time this will occur after tonight is Ranger-Pens game on January 6th. Knowing our luck that will be the night Sid the kid returns.

By the way, NHL deserves 100% of the blame. Directv and MSG were more than willing to adjust. There are several solutions. One of the narrowest and would pass all legal issues is to allow the game to CI subs in that region. But as I said, all solutions were rejected. Great to see the NHL continues the great tradition of missing opportunities to reach fans...

4. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    The NHL and Buttman are only concerned about the owners and their bottom line.

The fans and the game are not in that equation.

5. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    and yet you would think that more fans watching ups the bottom line, and with no NBA I would be doing everything I could to make sure as many people as possible could see my product.

6. MrBill64

MrBill64 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 3, 2006
    The perfect storm of insane blackout rules for Ranger fans in upstate NY. Blacked out on channel 634 due to the Sabres having a home game. And blacked out on channel 215 due to channel 634 designated as our home network. Amazing :nono:

7. PrinceLH

PrinceLH Member

Feb 18, 2003
    I know, it is insane, the way they blackout games in Upper New York State. With 4 teams, designated as local RSN's for the NHL, it's like playing Russian Roulette. Buffalo never gets blacked out, unless it's a Versus game. The Devils and Islanders rarely get blacked out and the Rangers seem to get blacked out the most. I just don't understand how they determine who gets blacked out, on a given night, when they are all playing or three of four.

8. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Considering how well the Rangers played, you are actually lucky you didn't get to see it. I wish I hadn't wasted my time.

SMK