1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAYS eliminate OTA games for 09

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by GlennDio, Feb 1, 2009.

1. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    This artcle was in the St pete times today ... good news for not only EI customers outside of Tampa but for those of us in Tampa D* does not carry ION 66 in HD so you had to go OTA to watch Rays games in HD on 66..

here's the link:

http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/2009/02/rays-games-head.html

2. b00stedeg

b00stedeg Legend

May 9, 2007
    This is good news indeed, I hated having to fiddle with my antenna trying to get those ion hd games in

3. davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Great news for the "Out of Market" EI Subs.

Could be disappointing for a few patrons in the Orlando, St.Pete, Tampa Bay regions but by and large Good news.

4. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    no I don't think so ...my guess is that at least as many Rays games as last season will be on they just all will be on FSN Florida .... The Marlins will move mostly to Sun sports is my guess if not entirely there....

5. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    i hope this means for those of us in central florida, there will be more games on either fs florida or sun sports instead of those games on the local ion channel. i find that very annoyning!

6. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Not disappointing at all for those of us in Tampa Bay (unless you are someone who only gets TV OTA). The ION-HD games required an antenna to get, and the quality was mediocre due to lots of multicasting.

Now, hopefully, they will beef up their fairly anemic HD schedule.

7. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    That is apparently what it means -- they are dropping their OTA affiliate network.

8. 1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    Sounds great. ION was crappy picture-wise. Truly horrendous when I had cable. I'm thrilled they will be on FSN/Sun.