1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC65RX Remote with iSymphony

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TheRetiredMouse, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TheRetiredMouse

TheRetiredMouse New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I'm new to this site and not certain that I am posting this correctly. If it needs to be moved to another forum, etc. please feel free.

I have new TV ...iSymphony ... made by ESA/Samsung. I can program all of the basic functions on the RC65RX using any of eight different codes ... power, volume, etc. However, the receiver/TV dual ON/OFF button do not work for the TV. I can move the slider to TV and the PWR button will work, but move it back to DirecTV and the ON/OFF power buttons will not work for the TV (works fine for the receiver). I would think that if the "PWR" button can be programmed to work ... the ON/OFF buttons should also work ...they've got to be the same circuitry!

Thanks for your help.

2. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Nothing you can do. Samsung has no discrete on or off which is what the on/off buttons use instead of power toggle that the pwr button uses.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    No, they usually are not the same, the PWR key has toggle command that does both ON & OFF, where the separate ON & OFF keys have Discrete commands. Its upto the code you use and the model of tv you have if the TV ON & OFF keys will work. They can't work with ever brand out there, and no where does it claim to.