RC73 Power Button

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rlm, Jul 27, 2018.

1. rlm

rlm New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Is there a button to just turn off the HR44 without turning the Display off.

Sometimes for streaming I want to turn off Direct TV only.

Also there was no manual listed on the Direct TV site for this remote!

Is it still the current remote?

Thanks

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Check the manual for the RC71. I think it covers the 73.
    An RC65 or 66 will work on that receiver. It has the PWR button.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I had the same problem, shutting off the Genie shuts off everything when you use the new remotes. Dimwits left the PWR button off the new remotes. I bought a Sideclick remote for my ATV and programmed the PWR button off one of my old D* remotes. Here's a link to the Sideclick: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3PL81R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Relatively inexpensive and easy to program. They're never gonna fix the Genie remotes, this is a decent workaround. Sideclicks are also made for FTV devices. Makes for easier streaming.

Rich

4. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    I simply re-programmed my RC7x remote to operate a different brand of display.

Alternately, you could probably just cover up the IR output of the remote when pressing the power-off button (assuming RF control of the HR44).

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Don’t bother turning off just the DIRECTV receiver. It doesn’t actually save any power doing that. Just go ahead and the tv and watch your other stuff and turn everything off when you’re done for the night completely.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Tried doing that...lights annoyed me. OCD and all that. But it works. I've been using the peanut regularly and...hate to admit it...kinda like it. Could be fixed, could be a lot better but it's OK. I might have to move the 44 to another room when the NFL starts up, that Black Shroud would drive me up the wall during a football game. That thing blocks out about a quarter of my 65" screen!!!

Rich

7. mrknowitall526

mrknowitall526 Active Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Lehigh...
    I do this. Works well for my TV with HDMI control. When I play my Switch and shut it down, I cover the IR of the remote and turn the C61 off and on. Switches input faster that way!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. mrknowitall526

mrknowitall526 Active Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Lehigh...
    I agree, I've warmed to the peanut except for the placement of the record button. I keep pressing it thinking it's Guide because that's where Guide is on the old remotes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Have you tried turning the lights off on your 44? I also put a piece of electrical tape over the Directv logo light.

I do agree with you about the black shroud though.

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Wouldn't you think whoever designed the remote would have used the excellent "old" remotes as a template? Same thing with the software and the GUI, why did they feel they had to change everything?

Rich

ericknolls likes this.