Re-aim 1000.2 from western arc to eastern arc?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Mel S, Dec 1, 2019 at 2:42 PM.

1. Mel S

Mel S New Member

Sunday
    I am a new DISH customer with a Hopper3 receiver/DVR, a DISH 1000.2 antenna, (which is currently aimed at the western arc), and a Hybrid 1000.2 WA switch.

I'm looking for information about what additional equipment/hardware is needed, (and/or what steps must be taken), to use that DISH antenna if/when it's re-aimed to the eastern arc.

TIA
    Mel S

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    You need the EASTERN ARC 1000.2 Hybrid 2 LNB .
    Get the pointing figures from someplace like Dishpointer.com .
    First, replace the western Arc Hybrid LNB with the eastern ARC one.
    Next, reset the skew of the dish to the Eastern Arc
    Cover the right hand LNB ( as looking TOWARD the dish) with some aluminum foil. Set the elevation.
    Now aim the LH LNB until you maximize the signal on the weakest transponder (all 72.7 transponders are CONUS (some maybe 4K)).
    Pull the aluminum foil off and in the diagnostics, dish, do 5 (Test Installation) . If everything was done correctly, you should see both satellites.

This is far easier using a satellite meter (but you shouldn't need the expensive ones the pros use either - a $25 - $50 analog meter should help you get this pointed). You also need a decent compass to get close to the azimuth.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    What market/ZIP code are you located in? Will your local channels be available on the eastern arc?

4. Mel S

Mel S New Member

Sunday
    NYDutch
    Current ZIP is 54401... I don't need locals.

5. Mel S

Mel S New Member

Sunday
    Scooper
    Thank you
    Mel S

6. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Ok, it's good you don't need them. They're on the western arc only in your market area.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Nailed! :facepalm: