1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read your e-mail carefully

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by STEVED21, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    I just received an "offer" of either 2 free PPV a month for a year or 3 months of a premium channel + 3 PPV. Be careful. I noticed that the website title when I clicked on the link said "committment renewal". In fine print at the bottom of the page said programming committment required. Guess it's not a free offer.

2. Kevin Dupuy

Kevin Dupuy Godfather

Nov 28, 2006
    Thanks for letting everyone now. I wouldn't have thought to look.

3. Proc

Proc Godfather

Jan 19, 2006
    I just read the e-mail myself. It says if you accept the offer of 2 PPV movies a month for 12 months, then you agree to a year commitment.

4. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    It should go without saying that any offer has strings attached. They don't do these things due to their love of people.

5. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    did your commitment expire?

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Is the commitment a add on or if the one year is less that what you already have will it change it?

7. KCCardsfan

KCCardsfan Godfather

Apr 18, 2007
    How about this, DIRECTV actually sent me 12 free PPV coupons in April of this year for upgrading to HD, the letter with it had 1 rule, they are to be used 2 per month for 6 months. I thought OK sounds good, but then I noticed on the coupons expiration dates of June 30, 2007! So I could only use 6, I called and was transferred around a few times until a CSR credited my account for the 6 I couldn't use.

8. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    Here is what the offer says:

"24 Pay Per View Movies
    You'll receive 2 free Pay Per View movies a month for one year. DIRECTV offers a wide selection of Hollywood hits, from action-packed blockbusters to award-winning dramas, with new premieres all the time.

Limited time offer. Offer is non-transferable and for select customers only. With the acceptance of this offer you agree to maintain and pay 12 consecutive months (24 consecutive months for advanced receivers) of any DIRECTV programming package ($29.99/mo. or above) or qualifying international services bundle."

Did some research and my 2 years ends in September.

9. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    The way these have always worked is that they don't tack it onto the end of any commitment you are previously in, the clock starts ticking when you take the offer.

So, for example, if three months ago you got an HR20 that comes with a two-year commitment, and today added a D11, which carries a one-year commitment, your commitment end date would still be the two-year anniversary of getting the HR20 since the new one-year would end before that date.

10. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I didn't get an email. How can I get in on this? I have no problems with commitment, I'm not going anywhere.

11. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    I just renewed my commitment last month when I signed up for HD and the HR20, so getting this offer now would be great for me. I wonder if they are only offering it to people who are close to the end of their contract.

12. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    I just called and asked for the PPV offer. They said that was not available to me but they did give me 3 free months of HBO and Starz.

13. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Does that work if you sub to Premier?

14. Rathmir

Rathmir Mentor

May 2, 2007
    Don't know how you got HBO for free unless you already had Cinemax. They run an HBO/ CINEMAX 2 for 1 offer every now and then. Free Starz and Showtime, I was told by my friend, is used on a case by case basis.

15. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    I have the choice plan I believe, no movie packages. Also have sports pack.

16. Ext 721

Ext 721 Icon

Feb 26, 2007
    the question is...how could one get 2 a month for 12 months without keeping service for 12 months?

Funny how when new customers have a commitment, they're "getting stuff free when we don't"

:rolleyes:

17. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    Nope, I don't have any premium channels. They put me on hold for about 5 minutes after telling me that the PPV offer was not available so maybe they worked out a special offer for me.

18. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    They throw out free premium channels to "good" customers who have "bad" things happen to them. Like calling in to get an offer and being denied, or having some trouble with PPVs. I've got free Showtime right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.