1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reastablishing service after Joplin Tornado

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mchouse, Aug 30, 2011.

1. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    I called today to reestablish service at my new address and was told that they would charge my account for the receivers that I lost and then credit me back for them and give me free NFL Sunday ticket , which I am ecstatic about . I got disconnected while l the CSR was scheduling my installation , I waited 5 minutes thinking he would call me back but he didnt so I called and talked to somebody else and he told me that my installation was set up for Sept 27th so I asked for an earlier install and he said he would turn it over to the local installer and they should call me within 72 hrs to see if they could move my install up. I cant figure out why they put my install out for a month when normally you can get installation within a very few days . and I noticed on my account that they charged the full amount for the receivers when he said he would immediately credit back my account . Anybody else being pushed out that long on installs ? Also how long should I wait for the credit to appear on my account before I call them back and spend another 45 minutes on the phone ?

2. kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx Legend

Dec 26, 2009
    Sorry I myself dont know much about the crediting, etc.. But just out of curiosity, where abouts in Missouri are you Located? I know the Kansas City area is pretty far out on installs, but I MIGHT be able to help you in that situation depending on your location

3. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    Southwest Missouri approx 150 miles south of Kansas City..

4. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    Well I had to call back today and spent over an hour and got hung up on once and transfered 4 times . It seems that the original CSR's offer was above his limit so he hung up on me leaving me to call back and talk to somebody else. I then got transfered to several departments before I was told that the movers department had to credit my account since they are the ones that set it up. So I get put on hold once again and then get hung up on again .. Ive figured out thats what they do when they dont want to handle the call . Thats pretty disgusting ! I finally gave up and they credited all but 180.00 and really couldnt get a straight answer on how they came up with that number, Im assuming that that was just under their credit limit.. Then he couldnt wait to get me off the phone ..

I called a local retailer and they were only a week out on installs but of course they couldnt offer me the same deal as DTV did.

I guess I shouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth and I was fully prepared to pay for the destroyed recievers I didnt even ask for a deal the CSR offered it . Just feel like if offer something I should have to keep calling back to get them to do what they offered... Any tips on how to get the install moved up . Ive been without my Directv for 3 months ..

5. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Your homeowners insurance should cover the replacement cost of the receivers (have had several customers who lost theirs in fires).

Failing that, you could have another person in your house sign up as a new customer through the retailer.

6. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    Why are the installations so far out is it because of the Sunday ticket promotion ? I called a local retailer and they are just a few days out .. Of course I cant get the same deal from a retailer that I got from D. I know nothing much is going on in my area , heck they cant even get all my locals up and they have been negotiating for over a year ..

7. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Maybe the installs are delayed due to so many people needing service calls due to the storm?

8. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    This is dish network country and their installs are out 2 days .

9. scott2020

scott2020 Cool Member

Sep 12, 2004
    I live near Lake of the Ozarks, Camdenton area, and D is 3 weeks out. I just ordered online and was disappointed to see it would be 3 weeks. Oh well.