1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver options

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by usnret, Aug 15, 2011.

1. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    My son is getting his DTV install Thursday. He is getting the internet connection kit, an HD DVR and a H reciever. He ask about getting another HD DVR and they told him it would be $99 extra. Maybe not much to some but he doesn't have that kinda money right now. He called back and they told him he could have a SD DVR free. What kind of receiver is that, an H22 DVR? I assume that is the only SD DVR that is MRV ready? If it's an h22 DVR would that get HD as well? Sorry for being confused, but just want to give him the correct info and this is the place to get it.
    Tks

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    He'll get either an R16 (not MRV) or an R22 (MRV).

He'll get what the installers have on their truck (don't believe it if the CSR tells you a specific model) and since the R22 isn't made anymore, he'll probably get the R16 (I recently went through this -- my installers said they haven't seen an R22 in 7 months).

But $99 for a HD DVR is $100 cheaper than the list of $199. Check to see about another HD Receiver; their list is $99.

3. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    He can't swing $99 right now. What will they do with MRV then if he gets the 16? MRV is one of the reasons that he is going to DTV.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Maybe there is a difference when doing a new install and getting MRV, but when I did an upgrade and had to replace a SD DVR, they installed an R16 which is not MRV.

My point on the HD DVR $100 discount was that if they were knocking $100 off the DVR, maybe they'd knock $100 off the H receiver therefore making it free.