DBSTalk Forum banner

Receiver powered deca without receiver

Tags
deca
2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  dennisj00 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have DirecTV with a DEC1MR0-01 and DECABB1MR0-01 (I think that's the version of the broadband adapter). This was set up a long time ago where the BB was connected to Comcast and the the DECA was connected to the Receiver. Right after it was hooked up, I hijacked the ethernet from the DECA and connected it to a router to provide wired internet to multiple devices (and not just the receiver). Now I'm cancelling DirecTV, and I no longer have the receiver. I would like to still use this setup. Can this be done? Looks like I need power for the DECA, but is that all I need? I saw that there is a PS18DERO-03 that some people say provides power to the DECA, but the images show a non-coaxial end. Is this what I need?

Thanks,
Nachum

#4 ·
there has been two types of BB DECAs of DECAs. the first generation used a non-coax tip for the power supply. The newer one uses a coax tip for its power supply. Which DECA BB do you have?

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for the PS18DERO-03, but it isn't widely available (only some used ones on ebay). Are there any other alternatives to PS18DERO-03? Or are there other DECA devices that I can use instead (ones that come with power supplies)?

#6 ·
#7 ·
$60 for that device :(. I was hoping for a less expensive solution. It looks like the PS18DERO-03 supplies 18v at .3A. I can buy an adapter to supply this same voltage and amperage, and I can connect the coaxial end to it. Assuming I get all the pieces right, would this work?

Thanks again!
Nachum

#9 ·
nachumk said:
$60 for that device :(
When ever we post a link to a product, is not an absolute, this is just a starting point and its up to you to do the "research" if you want to find it cheaper. Pretty much, the links are for "informational" use only

#11 ·
#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.