Receiver problems

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by WebTraveler, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    One of my receivers is apparently not receiving the signal properly. The others are just fine.

Started off a week or so ago I noticed the periodically I'd lose the signal and it would take hours to re-acquire the signal, even after my re-setting of the unit, turning it off, etc. It eventually did re-acquire the signal and I wouldn't think much of it. But today it didn't re-acquire the signal at all.

After trouble shooting with the phone technician support line, the conclusion is that there is a problem with the signal being received into the unit and now I have to have a service charge for someone to look at it.

Anyone else ever have a similar issue - and what was the final result of all of it? Hopefully up top its just a wire loose and that solves the issue.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If "loose wire" = bad coax to that receiver it sounds good to me. It could also be something wrong with the switch or LNB port that coax is connected to. A complete power down (unplug or disconnect all receivers and any power inserters that power a switch) will reset a switch. Switches can get locked up into funky modes.

Taking the receiver to a working location in your house and trying it there is another option to figure out if it is the coax or the receiver.

3. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Well I re did all of the wires from the wall into the unit and they are all fine. I checked the connection outside and no indications of problems. But I am not going two stories to a banked roof to follow the wires anymore. Dish is coming out to fix it and I'll let them deal with it.

You are onto something about switching the two receivers and see what happens. That I just might try.....Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.