Receiver Turned On By Itself?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mdh4u, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mdh4u

Mdh4u New Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Is it possible for the HD/DVR receiver to turn on by itself? TV turned on as well? There was power to them both but they were off last week when we left?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I wonder if your DVR rebooted and turned on during the reboot? But all of mine turn off after 4 hours of inactivity and that will turn off the attached TV.

3. Mdh4u

Mdh4u New Member

Aug 20, 2019
    This H24 has never done this b4; there was power to both but just turned off and left. Strange feeling for sure.

4. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    Is HDMI control on? Maybe under some other name?

5. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    The receiver can turn on by itself when it receives an update overnight.

6. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Also maybe check to see if an "autotune" may have gotten set somehow.

(I think the H receivers have a history in them that should be able to tell, if the event was relatively recent.)

7. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    The answer is yes to an HD DVR. My HR24 in the bedroom turns itself on every time it's sent an update. I've never known the TV associated with it to turn on.

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You dont happen to have a cat? Long time ago someone posted that their cat walked over the remote and changed something on their DIRECTV.

9. Mdh4u

Mdh4u New Member

Aug 20, 2019
    I think that the tv was not turned off when the D*tv power button was clicked. The receiver was off but probably did come on at some point to update or auto tune. I can’t think of any other scenario other than some bum sat here and watched the housewives of Orange County!

compnurd likes this.