"Receiver unavailable" with Sling adapter

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by nightfly85, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightfly85

nightfly85 Mentor

Oct 6, 2005
    So I bought the Sling adapter back in Nov/Dec. Things have been working great up until about 2-3 weeks ago.

Now I get frequent "Receiver is unavailable...receiver must be online" messages when I try to use my iPhone app or the PC app and it seems to have gotten worse.

This is primarily from within my home - so no internet involved for the most part.

When I get the error messages I check and can always ping the receiver (a 722 in my case). Checking my router I see that the 722 has registered with UPnP using port 5102.

Today, after finally getting the Dish Anywhere apps to "find" my receiver and watching some remote TV for a bit. I came back about 1/2 hr later only to find the Dish apps couldn't find my receive again, tried, tried and tried some more - nope. Waited about another 15 minutes, walla, the apps can find my receiver again.

I mean, what tha? Kinda crappy software IMHO. There must have been some update in early Jan that screwed things up as prior to that, I would sometime, briefly, get the "receiver must be online.." message but it would go away pretty quick - regardless of viewing device.

Now, nothing but frustration.

I hate the fact I just can't stick with a working setup and not have Dish force updates on me, which more often than not are buggy and cause me issues for months.

Just like my iphone app, in the older version I have, I can watch DVR and have an SQ/HQ option. But not on my wife's iphone - she has the most recent version and she can't watch DVR (only live TV) and has no SQ/HQ option.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    There is already a big thread here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=187787

There is a Dish rep reading and posting to help out already in that thread... so it would be better to keep things in one place in case a common problem/solution comes up.

Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.