1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receivers on Vacation Hold during account conversion to ATT - now cannot reactivate

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Tonedeaf, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    I have 3 receiver on my account that were on "vacation hold" with DirecTV. My account has since been converted to ATT.

I called in to get one of the receivers reactivated and was told that only the active receivers are showing on the account now. The 3 on vacation hold cannot be activated as they cannot see them. They tell me they have a solution that was being worked on to capture the inactive receivers that were on the account, but they cannot reactivate the receiver at this time.

They are telling me they can send me a receiver but that would re-up the contract. I declined and told them the receivers not converting to ATT is their fault and not mine and I should not have to renew my contract with DirecTV.

Anyone else getting this when trying to reactivate a receiver that was on vacation hold?

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Other people have reported the same issue.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    D* called this "suspension". I had several suspended HRs and when my account was transitioned to ATT I lost the suspension thing. I haven't tried to activate the suspended HRs but they aren't considered "suspended" anymore. Seems to be an ATT thing.

Rich

4. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Seems like AT&T converted over to a new system before it was ready for all the corner cases like vacation hold, third party activations, etc.

5. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Earth
    One of the guys I talked to during my activation fiasco mentioned something about the old system and then switching to a new system from ATT. I think he called the old system “Elsie” and said he could easily fix any issue with that system but they have terminated its live interaction and can only use it to look up stuff. He said any changes have to be done on the new system and it’s abilities are very limited at this time.

6. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Well they have trouble activating a new receiver on AT&T accounts so I can see what they can't activate suspended ones.