Receiving Washington DC Fox local in Upstate NY

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by TTTTVVVV, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTTTVVVV

TTTTVVVV New Member

May 24, 2007
    Hello All,

Here is my problem. I'm a big redskins fan and I want to receive the WTTG Fox HD channel in upstate NY. Right now the channel is being broadcast on 61.5 and the beam says "conus".

Note:(I have all the equipment installed already.)

Here's my plan.

1. Obtain a cell phone with a Washington DC local number.
    2. Call up dish using the cell phone and tell them I just moved to DC and give them my wife's cousin's address in DC. Let them know that my equipment is all installed and I just need to be activated. I can't plug in a phone line because I have no telephone land line. Lastly pay all my bills online.

What is the likelihood of this strategy working?

Thanks for all the help.

Rick

2. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    Most "movers" change their service address only, and leave their billing address unchanged. Dish doesn't care. Whether you really have to have a phone line connected depends on your receiver.

3. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Should work just fine. I'd leave the billing an service address the same. As long as you have no problems paying the bill and you only have 1 receiver, everything should be fine (as long as the FOX DC stays on Conus). I know the SDs are on spotbeam. Just make sure your cousin-in-law doesnt allready have dishnet and/or never subscribes to it.

4. msalvail

msalvail Legend

Sep 19, 2003
    Don't bother obtaining a cell phone with a DC number, just call them from YOUR cell phone and if they ask you what is showing on your screen right now, tell them you are in your car. I changed from Louisiana to Georgia yesterday. Leave your billing address the same and tell them you just want to change your physical address. Don't offer any explanations as they don't really care.

5. CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I have the DC locals via E* in New Hampshire. As msalvail said don't sweat the whole get a DC number thing. Just call say you moved to DC, did a self install and need to have your service address changed. You don't really even have to tell them to keep the billing address the same as you can just change that online.

There are a couple SD channels that don't work up here since they are spotbeamed. But most do, not that I ever watch SD anyway.

You can also hook a phone line up if you want. I do and have had no issues with it.

On another note, I recently "moved" home to get a receiver replaced and the CSR didn't even change my locals so I'm getting the DC channels with a NH address at the moment.

6. John Walsh III

John Walsh III AllStar

Apr 27, 2002
    TTTT, How did you make out with this? I am currently a D* sub, but would get DISH also if I could get the DC locals that would be Redskin heaven. Hail to the Redskins! I am in N.C.

7. JoeMobile

JoeMobile New Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I'm in Mobile, AL and would like to get the New York City locals using the process y'all mentioned above. How do I find out which stations are delivered via spot beam (I presume I wouldn't be able to receive NY locals in Alabama if they are).

NY phone number and address are no problem as my family is still there.

Thanks in advance of your help!

8. TTTTVVVV

TTTTVVVV New Member

May 24, 2007
    Wow, Thanks everyone for all the help.

From all these reply's I think I get it.

I call them on my regular cell phone. Let them know that I use to be a subscriber give them my new DC address and I'm good to go.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.