1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reception issue on HR20-100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by robertr2112, Jul 22, 2010.

1. robertr2112

robertr2112 Cool Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I have an HR20-100 receiver that has started having some weird reception issues recently. It is hooked up to a 5LNB standard dish and an SWM-8 switch. It has been popping up the message "No signal on Satellite 2..." and loses the picture. It had been doing this for the last few weeks even though all of the signal strenghts show fine. Now it is basically switching to another channel for a few seconds every now and then. The guide and info still think they are on the other channel.

I'm guessing it's the tuner in this receiver because I have another HR21-700 attached to the same set-up with no problems. But I was wondering if it could be something wrong with the SWM-8 switch and it's only affecting that one receiver.

Is there a good way to tell if it is the SWM-8 switch or the receiver that is going out?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Is the working HR21 connected to the same SWM8 port as the problem one? Try swapping ports being used and see if the problem changes. If the two HRs are connected via a splitter, then try eliminating the splitter as a test.

You get the idea for troubleshooting.