Reciever moving

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Tony griffin, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Tony griffin

Tony griffin New Member

Nov 25, 2020
    I have a Direct TV set up with a HS17 reciever that I wanted to move from bedroom, to another room closer to my router. When I did so, we had no TV signal at all. Returned receiver to original room, and everything came back on. Any idea what is up with that? Is the receiver dedicated to that room and the smaller receiver connected to that room TV? Thanks for any help/ comments....Tony

2. Tony griffin

Tony griffin New Member

Nov 25, 2020
    image.jpg Tc

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    What appears to he happening is that the HS17 tower has a internal power supply that powers the LNB on the dish. Therefore its coax run requires DC continuity all the way to the dish. So when you moved the tower to the other location the coax run from there blocks DC voltage and thus the dish LNB has no power.

If you want to move the tower to the new location you'll need to trace the coax run from there and to make sure its path only goes through the ("red" colored) power-passing ports of any splitter(s) it connects through all the way back to the dish.

The small mini client boxes may be connected to any of the non-power-passing splitter ports.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

harsh likes this.
  4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    The post must be sticky here and forced automatically send to each new member in DTV forum !

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  5. Tony griffin

Tony griffin New Member

Nov 25, 2020
    Hotat2, I see what you mean on the splitter having a powered leg. I will try that tomorrow and see how it works. Thank you much for the info .... Tony 18B93084-CF27-424D-BADE-1665296F73F3.jpeg

cypherx likes this.
  6. Tony griffin

Tony griffin New Member

Nov 25, 2020
    Switching legs on the splitter worked!???
    Thanks to everyone for their help!!!

studechip likes this.
  7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    :confused: by many question marks