Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jaytbird, Jun 17, 2013.
I've still got my 20-700s. No mention from the techs about recovering them.
Thanks to all who commented. We completed our move two weeks ago, and the DTV tech did a great job installing the Genie system. I have an H34 in the living room, one client in the media room, one client in the bedroom and another drop in the garage which I am using one of my old HR-20-700's ( no issues from the tech about keeping my old boxes).
Anyway, the DTV system is up and working. TV viewing is fine. I just re-connected my internet service last weekend (comcast), and currently only have wi-fi running from my Apple Extreme router. The SWim module is out in the garage. the router is in a bedroom temporarily. Currently I have not done anything to connect my Genie system to the internet, but I want to do that this weekend. I would rather not use the CCK.
I've been reading the forum trying to figure out the steps to take, but its a bit disjointed. I wondered if someone could give me the rundown. I will have the ability to run cat5 to the H34 unit temporarily until I get some additional wiring done. Here are some additional questions:
1. Do I have to run cat5 it to the clients as well? I understood that the Genie networks the clients over coax and can bridge internet to those clients?
2. How do I activate the genie boxes and deactivate the old HR-20-700 that is no longer in use?
3. What do I need to do to get my iOS apps (iPhone and iPad) working and able to see the new Genie boxes?
Thanks in advance!
1. No just the Genie
2. call DirecTV to add the client boxes. you will then have to marry the clients to the Genie by following the Genie on screen instructions
3. Just download the app and make sure the Genie is connected to the Internet