1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record to TV1

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by gcotterl, Nov 25, 2016.

1. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    ​I have a ViP622 with two 21.1 (622/722) remote controls (one for TV1 and the other for TV2).

When I'm watching a program and press the red "Record" button on the remote control, a panel is displayed saying "Record Remainder of This Event" with the option of "Record to: TV1 or TV2".

1. Is there a way to record a future program to TV1? How do I do that?
    2. Is there a way to set the recorded program so it does NOT play on TV1 or TV2 when its broadcast time arrives? How do I do that?

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Didn't you ask this or a similar question in early November?

3. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Yes but the responses referred to "Tuner 1" and "Tuner 2" but not to "TV1" and "TV2" so they didn't answer my question(s)

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
  5. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I didn't understand them.

6. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Do you have the 622 in Single or Dual mode??

7. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    DISH is supposed to instruct you when they install your system. Contact DISH for additional instructions or a member of the DIRT Team they may be able to arrange a service call to complete your instructions.

8. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Dual

9. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    In dual mode TV-1 is Tuner-1 and TV-2 is Tuner-2. If you use menu 8-5 (Record Plus) and enable it you can set you record preference to TV-1 or TV-2..This is the answer to 1. below...

The answer to 2 below is No...the program being recorded requires the channel to be tuned to (which makes it "Play") on your selected record option from your Record-Plus choice..if you have an OTA connection for local channels you can tune TV-1 to one of those channels and avoid your recording program from being displayed on TV-1...

1. Is there a way to record a future program to TV1? How do I do that?
    2. Is there a way to set the recorded program so it does NOT play on TV1 or TV2 when its broadcast time arrives? How do I do that?

10. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Yeah, so question 1 is answered.

For question 2, the Dish DVR's dont work like Directv in that they will default to the 2nd tuner even if u press record on the live channel. And i think some Cox DVR's do that as well. With Dish, if you press record, it will record on THAT tuner and you wont be able to change the channel. The only workaround to get OUT of watching whats recording would be to set the DVR back to Single mode, press 'swap' on the remote, to "move" the recording to tv2, then go back to DUAL mode.

Couple of extra steps but still accomplishes what your looking for i believe.

11. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006