Recorded Programs Missing From Playlist...Again!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rich, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Since we were assured the "missing programs from the Playlist" problem was solved I've seen it happen a few times. Recently I've seen it happen every time I record a Yankees game on my 44. Happened again today and did it yesterday too. Did it with the All Star game. This is not fixed.

Rich

2. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    I'm glad you brought this up. I was going to bump the new GUI thread to ask a few questions about the firmware, this topic among them.

Wondering if it's "safe" yet to let my HR44 update - rhetorical question.

(It's still rocking 1037, service 2.)

3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Unless you unplug your unit every night that is impossible. Also the service 2 is your backup firmware

4. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Hey Rich, when this happens, do you get a message in your Recording History about the program? I ask, because three things didn't record for me yesterday and the message in that section was something about a programming update not arriving in time. But this was for two episodes of Aerial America on the Smithsonian Network and last night's Press Your Luck on ABC. Can't imagine either had their programming information changed. (I have an HR54-700.)

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I gave up worrying about updates years ago. We're gonna get them whether we want them or not. Glad I'm not the only one seeing the return of the missing recordings.

Rich

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    No, don't have to search for a reason because the missing programs are always found in the menus. I record Yankee games on at least 3 HRs and all I see on the 44's Playlist is games recorded on other HRs. Then I have to go into the menus and find the missing recording. If I watch the game for a little while and then shut it off when I come back the missing program is still missing from the Playlist. Simply put, the "missing" programs are always there if you know where to look.

Rich

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have no idea what that means, could you explain?

Rich

8. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    If you look under your Genie info. And this may be exclusive to Genies. You will see software which will list your current under that you will see another version listed as service 2. This is your backup firmware Incase something goes to hell. They are usually the same version number but I have had some be a few versions off

This may have always existed but they only started showing it about 2 years ago

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If there are problems with the primary software the secondary software takes over? How?

Rich

10. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    The only way I have seen it is when you have a failed firmware download and it is corrupt. Otherwise no clue

11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Good answer. Thanks.

Rich

compnurd likes this.
  12. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I've seen that once or twice on my HR54. A reboot fixed it and they appeared. Not something I'd want to do every day though.

How were you "assured"? From my experience, there isn't a way for a regular person to get a message to engineering. A CSR might escalate an issue to them, but you usually don't hear anything back and the issue is closed.

13. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Another issue which was happening on my HR44 at the same time programs were periodically going "missing," was that suddenly the closed captioning would start losing every other line of text. The last update seemed to fix both these problems, and I haven't had a show that was recorded not appear in the play list since, but last week I had to reboot the HR44 due to the same closed captioning problem occurring. It was the first time since the last update, but if the two issues are somehow related, it would seem it is really not "fixed."

SMK

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I was "assured" by someone here that I trust. Not by anybody at D*. I can't imagine calling them about something like this. Would you call them and expect a rational answer?

Rich

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I/we use CC for streaming but I don't use it for D* content. I don't like the way CC works on D* when compared to the CC I get on my ATVs or FTVs. My wife uses D* a lot more than I do and CC is always turned on when I light off "her" HR. I turn that off quickly. Don't use CC because my hearing is shot, started using it on content from the UK or Australia because the accents kinda garble up the dialog and we got used to it. My wife seems to have some hearing issues. Don't use CC on the 44 at all, can't really comment on that problem. Seems to work OK on the 24s.

That missing program thing never really stopped on my 44. It's gotten a lot worse lately.

Rich

16. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Is it just sports recordings that are missing? I had the 44 for several years and now the 54 for almost a year and I have never had a missing recording but I rarely record any sports content (because somehow somebody somewhere will spoil it so I only watch sports live most of the time). Even the few times I have recorded sporting events I've ever had any be missing.

17. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I have playlist issues with my HR54. I noticed it with missed records from my HR24's. From what I am seeing, if I setup something to auto-record via keyword search on the 24, I may or may not ever see it on the 54(yes I've rebooted both). For example, I have Men in Black setup to autorecord on one HR 24. If I go to the playlist on the 54, I see a folder for MEN IN BLACK, but it only has Men in Black 2 and Men in Black 3 listed. However, on the HR24's in my house, I can see all three in the folder. Same thing for a keyword recording for Avengers. On the 24's, I have a folder for AVENGERS and it has the first The Avengers move and Captain America: Cival War. On the 54, it only shows the first Avengers movie as a single recording. Lastly, I have the issue with Harry Potter. On the 24's, I have 8 in the HARRY POTTER folder and on the 54, I only have 7. So it's consistently missing one episode per auto-record folder.

18. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    This one made me chuckle! Yeah I couldn't imagine that conversation either. When I had my HR 54 I lost a ton of recordings just like this. It did seem to be have gone away though...

19. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Nope. I learned my lesson when I called them about the cloud search constantly failing on my HR24. After a couple of months of phone calls and attempts to escalate to engineer and even going through the corp escalation team, I found it easier to just black hole the gateway on my router and do sat searches instead. That's why I was wondering ;).

20. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm seeing the same thing.

Rich