1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording two shows at the same time.

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Halfsek, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    I did search for this and judging from what I read it looks like I should be able to set 2 timers to record two different channels at the same time... right?
    Well, it didn't work. I got a conflict msg and had to delete one of them. I even tried programming one, swapped the PIP and then set the other timer, but to no avail.
    Or am I not allowed to record two different channels at the same time?

Thanks,

Tal

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    What receiver are you trying to record them on? If it is a 721 it will work. the rest only have one tuner.

3. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry, duh.
    It's a 721.

4. Bill D

Bill D Godfather

May 10, 2002
    You are allowed to either watch one live show and record another or record two live shows at one time on a 721. The timer conflicts are bugs, I was getting soem phantom one's a few weeks ago. Try a re-boot see if that helps. Remember if you have exsisting timers the hour before that have a finish XX minutes late, and need to then jump to another channel, that will be a conflict.

5. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks. I'll try the reboot. I generally don't pad the recording since it seems like everything records fine.
    As long as I'm *supposed* to be able to do it, I'm happy. I figure they'll get it figured out eventually.

Tal

6. jcrash

jcrash Legend

Jul 21, 2002
    Make sure you also check what you have in the the start 1 minute early and end X minutes late options. If you have two programs from, say 7-8 and another from 8 to 9 and all have both options enabled, then you would have a conflict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.