Recordings ending early

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Papa J, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    Recently most or all of the programs I record have started ending before the shows endings. I have my defaults set to start and end at zero, not early or late. This appears to be a new problem and occurs on both of my Hoopers. I realize I could schedule the recordins to end a minute late but am concerned this would cause me to miss another recording starting at the same time as the first program is ending. Any input would be appreciated.

2. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Do you have back-to-back recordings going on and/or multiple recordings going at once?

3. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    Multiple recording going on most likely and not sure about back to back

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Your Hopper will tell you if it has to skip any recordings due to timer conflicts, add the minute and make corrections only when necessary.

With no time padding, if timers do overlap, the end of the first will be at the beginning of the next.

5. Blowgun

Blowgun DHMO User

May 23, 2008
    Western Arc
    I use the default 1 minute early and 3 minutes late and usually don't run into recordings getting cut off. However, if I have back to back recordings on different channels and I have an available tuner, what I do is set the first recording to end 5 minutes late. What that does is force the Hopper to use a different tuner for the second recording. That way neither the end of the first or the beginning of the second recording gets cut off.