1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Wings/Flames game on 95 not in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Laserjock, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock AllStar

Mar 6, 2006
    Are they having issues or is it truly not being broadcast in HD? HDSportsGuide lists it being in HD.

2. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    not only is it not in hd, it's a crappy feed from canada, so it looks worse than sd.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock AllStar

Mar 6, 2006
    I wonder why they would take up one of the HD slots with the game if it obviously is not an HD feed?

Odd...

4. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002

Laserjock,

There are no ISSUES, unless you say that VERSUS JUST SUCKS. Versus is not carrying "Bonus Coverage" games in HD. This being the ONLY game tonight and a Game 6 Elimination game it is a "Bonus Coverage" game so NO HD on VERSUS even though Versus is using their HD channelto carry it.

Don't forget that Versus isn't carrying any games in HD on Thursdays or Fridays either.

Versus press release says that ALL Quarterfinal games are being carried in HD, with a little Footnote (except Bonus Coverage games) that are 1/3 of covered games, OOH as well as No HD on Thursday and Friday which is almost another 1/3 of Versus's games.

So of all those Quarterfinal games that Versus airs only about HALF of ALL QUARTERFINAL Games are being carried in HD from Versus. Talk about BULLC$#P.

The NHL needs to get back on a REAL sports channel instead of "VERSES". What a STUPID name for a channel. I wonder what Network Exec came up will that or Green Lighted it, they should get fired, or at least lose their Bonus.

John

5. Mocco71

Mocco71 Godfather

Jan 13, 2007

They could call it the sh*t sandwich network for all I care, just want to see the games, and in HD when available. Half the time it's the network (tonight's case ~ not showing bonus coverage in HD), the other half is when D* decides to show the Marlins vs Phillies - a meaningless baseball game on channel 95 instead of show HD playoff hockey.

6. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    I am watching the CBC broadcast via my Canadian dish...while it's still 4:3 SD, the quality is significantly better than watching the same broadcast via VS. on 95.

7. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    so, it's a copy of a copy of a copy, huh?

8. Steve0296

Steve0296 Mentor

Oct 21, 2006
    I decided the broadcast on 608 looked slightly less crappy than 95 and watched it there. Sad. It was nice to hear Drew Remenda though.

9. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    funny, i thought 95 was a little better than 608. they were both pretty crummy, but 95 looked a bit sharper to me (too sharp actually, like someone turned the sharpness setting on their tv all the way up) whereas 608 looked 'soft', like someone had put vaseline on their tv.

10. Steve0296

Steve0296 Mentor

Oct 21, 2006
    It was a tough call, they were both crummy. 95 was sharper but kind of noisy. Ironically it probably would have been better for Center Ice subscribers if Versus had just stayed out of it. We probably would have gotten a better feed of the same game - HNIC feeds on CI are usually quite good for SD. Versus is trying but just not up to the task. As many of us have said, I'd like to see the NHL back on ESPN.

11. pedro4868

pedro4868 AllStar

Jan 31, 2007
    I think its ridiculous how d* only shows an hd game for center ice subscribers when nothing else is available to show on 95.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.