Redesigned NFL app on AppleTV with On Demand Broadcasting.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by peds48, Jul 20, 2015.

1. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This has me confused. Is this new service going to be streaming all regular seasons games live, or VOD? The top says is On Demand, but the bottom says live, so which is it? If is live, is good thing for those who don't have DIRECTV®

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/07/20/nfl-game-pass-apple-tv/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+iphonedlb+%28iDownloadBlog%29

2. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I can't tell anything other than playoff games won't be live. Very confusing product.

3. jceman

jceman Legend

Aug 20, 2007
    North of...
    Quote (with extra highlighting)

For the first time ever, the National Football League (NFL) will offer its Game Pass service to U.S. users on the Apple TV with on-demand broadcasting of games, according to an update on the Game Pass micro-site Monday.

Regular season, playoff and Super Bowl game broadcasts won’t be available as live streams but rather after they air on television. In addition, the organization will retire its existing Game Rewind service on July 31. Available to iOS, Android and Windows users in the United States, Game Rewind provides access to on-demand games after they air on television.

The upcoming service will offer live streams of 65 pre-season and all 256 regular season games, in addition to 10 playoff games and Super Bowl 50 games after they air on TV.

Seems pretty clear to me - if you want live OOM NFL games there will still only be one place to get them.

4. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Last year it was called "Game Rewind" and they had a separate deal for preseason games. It sounds like they're combining them. The live version is for over seas. I saw a price of $129 but I haven't seen any price for the U.S. version.

5. anex80

anex80 Legend

Jul 29, 2005
    Midwest
    Looks like it's $99 after 7-day free trial. They hide it well, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    You're right, it's like they don't care if anyone subscribes. Although they did advertise it quite a bit on the Steeler-Viking broadcast on Sunday night.