1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reds And Orioles

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Pantherfan71, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Pantherfan71

Pantherfan71 Cool Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I live in Charlotte NC and Why is the reds and orioles always blacked out no local network around where I live have these games on

2. phipsi571

phipsi571 Mentor

Jun 10, 2006
    Hey there Pantherfan,

You should be able to watch Orioles games. They are mostly Aired on MASN - on 640 and 641. You'll find the Nationals on there as well.

I have seen some Reds games, but I think you might need the sports pack to see more games. You can check what sports networks your ZIP code gets. Go to Directv.com and then go under the sports tab. Chose "Regional Sport Networks" and enter your ZIP code.

3. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    You live in an "overlap" area.

Long answer. Years ago, the teams were just allowed to make claims to whatever they considered their territory. The games of the team(s) the claim to "own" you are blacked out in MLBEI and on MLBN and, most times, on ESPN and TBS. Most teams made just fantastic claims to area far from their stadium.

Your part of North Carolina is claimed by the Braves, Reds, Nationals and Orioles.

According to the DirecTV website, you should be getting, with the basic package, MASN 640 with Nationals and Orioles games, and FS-South 646, SportSouth 649 and the "Peachtree" games on part time channel 651 with Braves games. If you buy the Sports Pack you would also get the Reds on FS Cincinnati on 661.

Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig said he would look at crazy things like a team in Ohio claiming to "own" fans in a city on the NC-SC border, he has, as always, done nothing about it.

4. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Yep, I live in Eugene, OR and I am somehow in the Giants and Athletics market. Yep, 600 miles from those teams.

5. Pantherfan71

Pantherfan71 Cool Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Its always blacked out on the hd channels

6. Tarheel115

Tarheel115 Cool Member

Apr 11, 2007
    In Charlotte some Reds games are on 644 & 650