1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reds games in HD on Fox Sports Cincinnati

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by gitarzan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 #1 of 23
    gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    When the Reds are on channel FSN Cincinnati 661 they are sometimes also on in HD on 661-1. What keeps all of the games from being HD now? Is it no HD cameras at the game?

2. Apr 6, 2011 #2 of 23
    la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    its a sub feed of FS ohio, How many HD trucks do FS OH have 1 for OH and 1 for CIN or just 1. the blue jackets and cavs also play on FS Oh and both probably in HD.

what happens when cavs jackets and reds play at same time so my guess is the fs ohio HD feed is being used for other events besides reds

3. Apr 6, 2011 #3 of 23
    dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    You'd think FS Ohio would have gone 24/7 HD by now. Are there any other full-time RSN's without a full-time HD feed?

4. Apr 7, 2011 #4 of 23
    Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim AllStar

Mar 9, 2006
    Someone at RedsZone.com asked FSN about this, and here is the reply they received:

5. Apr 7, 2011 #5 of 23
    wolfjc

wolfjc Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    I just got off the REDS game and it was in HD even though the guide yesterday
    dis not show any HD this is with Dish.

6. gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    So why no HD for tonights Reds/Padres game? It shows up in the DirecTV guide but all is on 661-1 is the DirecTv channel logo. Tonights game also shows up as scheduled HD game in the listing link above.

7. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    I'm thinking someone forgot to throw on the switch for 661-1 tonight. Is there a number to call?

8. hdfan1

hdfan1 AllStar

Oct 16, 2008
    They just turned on the HD channel in the bottom of the 1st.

9. krogers49

krogers49 Cool Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I'm getting the game in HD on 644-1 tonight. Have never been able to get this channel before. Usually only get the Reds on 661.

10. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    D* did a great job with EI tonight. We even got the 4SD feed for the Padres in HD. I believe the Rogers Blue Jays feed is also on for their game against the Mariners but I can't check since I'm only able to get the Root Sports Northwest feed (in the Mariners market).

11. Laker44

Laker44 Godfather

Jun 18, 2008
    The Cavaliers-Pistons game went over on Fox Ohio. They turned on Fox Cincinnati when the game was over with.

12. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    i gotta imagine that as the NHL reg season ended and nba reg season ended taht will free up RSN feeds and there HD feeds.

13. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    a little bit but the NHL / NBA playoffs will also need some alt / over flow feeds to fit them in and some like CSN CHI are playing it very safe by putting a game that starts at 7 on the over flow to make way for a NHL game at 9.

14. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    well chicago is the busiest i think

chicago i gotta imagine will use its OTA for some of their teams

WGN an WCIU as well as CSN and CSN+ but i gotta imagine the bulls will get games on TNT and ABC

15. twiseguy

twiseguy Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    Stow, Ohio
    FSN Ohio/Cinci is the ONLY full time RSN NOT IN HD!
    Thanks Direct TV for screwing Ohioans.
    Been b*tching about this for 2 years.
    We get most Cavs, some Blue Jackets, and whatever they do with the Reds in HD.
    But nothing else. No college sports, soccer, or anything else.
    If you want to see any of these in HD, you have to buy the Sports Pack.

16. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    has time warner thought of creating a sports network in CIN they have service in that area. I wonder if comcast would start a CSN in ohio but I dont think they have any service in ohio

17. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Not DirecTV's fault. The channel doesn't deliver a 24/7 HD feed to anyone. Please research before spouting off.

18. twiseguy

twiseguy Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    Stow, Ohio
    Time Warner/Cleveland Indians, (and the local NBC outlet) started SportsTime Ohio a few years ago.
    I believe the idea was to imitate CSN Philly and feature as the cable home of the Indians. You want Indians, you gotta have TWC.
    Didn`t work. Time Warner has a terrible reputation is NE Ohio.
    So, although STO is the Indians carrier, it is available to all carriers.
    In FULL TIME HD!

19. twiseguy

twiseguy Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    Stow, Ohio
    Not DirecTV's fault. The channel doesn't deliver a 24/7 HD feed to anyone. Please research before spouting off.

Your Right.
    Lost my direction.
    But this whole FSN Ohio thing really bugs me.
    I only get to see events that run during the day, so the soccer, etc. that are live but only in SD here, and HD everywhere else really presses my buttons.

20. sporter

sporter New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    we have CSN + 2 as well. but it's SD only. Comcast may not have to room on there cable system to make it HD any ways (right now maybe when they have Comcast network Chicago HD)

OTA they used have sports on PAY OTA tv hear in the 80's