regional sports channel fee..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bjlc, Aug 4, 2020.

1. bjlc

bjlc Icon

Aug 20, 2004
    okay. .okay.. I seldom post but again the wife is doing the bills and we are counting our pennies .. but I have a $9.00 regional sports fee.. Now I don't mind paying more or extra IF YOU GET SOME THING FOR MORE OR EXTRA.. and we have posters here who over the years get multiple baseball teams to watch.. how ever.. for me I get Fox Wisconsin and Fox north but only the Brewers and no TWINS or T-wolves at all .. yet I am paying for " both " so to speak.. why am i paying the max when I dont get any thing for it. .at least give me the Twins.. You can't go and buy a ticket.. why isolate your fans.. and again.. I don't mind paying for some thing.. and not "expecting something for nothing. . but I am paying and getting nothing. Don't hold your breath for me to start another thread.. thanks again for the solid responses from the remainder of the faithful who are still here.. its almost like watching a lake dry up.. one day it will all be gone.. and we will all say Hey remember when..

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You can switch to a channel package with your Regional Sports Networks and save a few $$$

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You have been with DIRECTV for many, many years and should know as litzdog911 stated that "you can switch to a channel package with your Regional Sports Networks and save a few $$$". No need to start a thread and complain. :rolleyes:

4. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Last Friday I called to cancel MLBEI, and the rep asked if there was anything else I wanted to cover.
    I told him I thought it was unfair to charge $9.99 per month for RSN fees for the months all major sports were canceled.

He said he couldn't take the fee off, but gave me a "one-time courtesy credit" of $25.
    Better than nothing!

5. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I was told I would get 4 months credit @ $9.99 per month for RSN fees. Still haven't seen it though.

6. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    You do get Minnesota United (Loons) games in the clear regardless if they air on FS Wisconsin or not. Heck there has been a few times when I've had to go to FS Wisconsin (or FS Wisconsin Plus) just to be able to watch the game as FS North/North Plus was already airing Twins/Wild/Wolves so the Loons otherwise was relegated to the online streaming app.

7. schmave1

schmave1 Active Member

May 20, 2016
    Reynoldsburg...
    I had the same thing when I lived in Texas and got both Fox Sports Southwest and Fox Sports Houston, the latter of which ran as a part-time feed for Astros and Rockets only. If the Astros were on both channels, we got the game on both.
    As for the OP, yeah it's frustrating to be charged for a channel on which darn near everything is blacked out. Went through the same thing a few years ago when DirecTV insisted on blacking out the Pirates here in central Ohio despite us being in-market. Luckily that idiocy ended before the 2019 season.