1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reminder about Sunday shows on FOX and CBS

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Sep 18, 2011.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Do not forget to pad your timers because the 4 o clock foot ball game always runs late. Missed parts of many shows because of that last year.....

2. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    thanks for the reminder I record 3 extra hours of amazing race because of this... I say move football to a sub channel :)

3. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    Way back when, I had to add time on the recordings of The Unit on CBS, looks like The Good Wife is going to need added recording time as well!

4. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Wow. I only add an hour. Maybe I should bump it. Not a big deal as we watch it almost as soon as it airs. But last year I had padded Undercover Boss instead of TAR, but many of them didn't get watched in a timely manner, so I had 2 hours of recordings taking up a 1 hour show and only every other one was even needed padding.

5. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    This was posted by CSI Miami on Facebook

CSI: Miami
    ‎CBS Alert: Due to Live NFL football on Sunday, CSI: Miami COULD be delayed for East/Central Time Zone viewers ONLY, check her for updates

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It is a special kind of pain when you have things on multiple channels.

I like the FOX Animation Domination and now have the Good Wife on CBS. I was considering trying Pan Am, but also watch Sunday Night Football... so it is impossible to set a regular timer for all the shows... so I kind of have to monitor things Sunday evening.

I can set a timer for the CBS show on days they don't have a late game... same for FOX on days they don't have a late game... but every once in a while both have a late game.

Pan Am is probably going to lose here because I don't have enough timers and tuners available.